Simon on the Blogwagon

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

3 years without blogging, you'd figure I'd have more to blog about.
Let's at least start with my recent trip to RPA, I'd like to say it can be seen on an upcoming episode of the hit tv show but alas putting a dent in my earning potential doesn't rank highly on the minds of tv boffins. I figured I'd say I pulled my girlfriend out of the way of a speeding truck which then clipped my fingers, instead of slipping on the floor of a bad karaoke bar.
I did however experience what I thought was a near death experience. While being put down on laughing gas my vision was reduced more then glen wheatleys fortune, this coupled with the ringing in my ears led me to believe I might be dying I even decided to stop breathing until I was prompted to keep going, all while 3 separate doctors attempted to pull my finger back into place.
Speaking of near death experiences lets talk about the ch 9 coverage of the Olympics, I've seen better coverage by Christina Aguilera's g-string. I didn't mind Eddie Maguire before these Olympics and didn't see why people had such an issue with him, he does have a herpes like ability to pop up everywhere, F'ing Firefox quitting on me I had some more interesting, hilarious and moving things to say instead I'll leave you with my previous attempt to resurrect my blogging career. Wrote 3 years ago and never published as well as forgotten by me until recently.

I'm back from my bloging hiatis, since my last post i've started meditating and it's put the world into a whole new perspective for me. I feel i'm now a calmer person, harmonious with the outside world, or to put it into two pure words "at peace"

Ok, so thats bullshit, I've realised that my life is less then exciting, yet in denial i still think my opinions matter and thats what i've decided to post about, I'm not going to talk about the "big" issues, will Obama beat Hillary? Will the planet warm enough to kill off all the "Happy Feet" penguins? Is a "Happy Feet" reference outdated already? Maybe, Probably and Yes.

I will try to limit all my opinions to my 4 vices. TV, Music, Movies and Sport.
I think i'll give reviews of program(me)s, events, collections etc. of the aforementioned vices.
To give some sort of idea about the rating system i'll give some examples.

5 Stars, Perfect or Close to -
Arrested Development, TV on the Radio, Fight Club, Wests Tigers Season 2005

4 Stars, Pretty Fucking Good -
Top Gear, Gorillaz, Jerry Maguire, NSW Origin Win

3 Stars, Good, maybe even better then good -
My Name Is Earl, Mars Volta, Forest Gump, Dead Rubber Australian Win

2 Stars, Doesn't make me want to kill myself -
Neighbours, Snowpatrol, Happy Gilmore, Knights Winning

1 Star, Does make me want to kill myself -
2 and a Half Men, Snowpatrol 16 times a day (thanks NXFM), Whole 9 Yards, Vaughn Coveny

0 Stars, Makes me want to kill myself, those involved in the production of the product and if time, their immediate families -
Charmed, Gwen Stefani, Mulholland Drive (except lesbian scene), Rubgy Union.

Fuck that above list was a fucking struggle, i took me forever, i know what things i love, i have a list dammit, but rating other things is tough, I'm pretty sure the things i give a rating to on this site will be pretty high because i pick and choose what i want to see, unlike real reviewers i wont have to see Epic movie or Employee of the Month type movies cause i know they are crap i've already been told that.


Until next time,

Pierre Garcon

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home